Data-Backed Local Marketing Guidance Influenced By COVID-19
Duration: 45 minutes
It’s undeniable that the local marketing landscape has changed significantly over the past few months. From store closures to adjusting hours of operation, businesses globally had to quickly alter their local marketing efforts to better communicate changes to their operations.
To better understand how these shifts have impacted consumer behavior to better prepare multi-location brands for the future, we analyzed search data for nearly 200,000 business locations over a ten-week period.
Join Krystal Taing, Director of Local Strategy at Rio SEO, Ryan Weber, Director of Client Success at Rio SEO, and Marshall Nyman, Account Director at Rio SEO, as we explore trends that impacted brands during COVID-19 and our top takeaways to better help brands recover post-pandemic. Some of the trends we will cover include:
- How stay-at-home orders impacted GMB metrics across the board
- Which verticals had the biggest overall increase during stay-at-home-orders
- Which verticals had the biggest overall decrease during stay-at-home orders
- How essential businesses performed against non-essential businesses
- How phase one re-openings are causing an uptick in search performance
- Which industry came out even stronger during phase one