An important part of the link building process that consists of finding backlink opportunities and then contacting the site to have them link to one of your web pages.
Backlink opportunities could include:
- a page with a broken link in an article that matches the topic of one of your web page
- websites that are relevant to your niche, with a high DA, low amount of outgoing links and a possibility for you to be included in the content body as a relevant resource
- a website you could write a guest post for
- a company or person you mentioned in your content
- a company or person that mentioned you on their website