Rio SEO is looking for a Content Marketing Specialist in our San Diego, CA office. This role will be responsible for leading Rio SEO’s content marketing strategy and will report to the Marketing Director. We are looking for a candidate who is able to work independently to solve problems, understands the B2B customer journey and is passionate about planning, creating and promoting content that engages our customers and prospects throughout the entire marketing/sales funnel in order to create brand awareness, increase web traffic and grow the business.
Our marketing technology stack includes Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics, and more. We are always looking for new ways to leverage technology to increase operational efficiencies and scale our team’s capabilities. Candidate should be willing and able to learn new tools and industry best practices. We are a dynamic, fast-paced company with high growth and a mission to serve the largest companies in the world with local marketing services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee all content creation activities including planning/strategy, writing, editing, publishing, and promotion.
- Write and edit marketing copy in a variety of formats (e.g., blogs, web pages, case studies, webinars, emails, etc.) that drives brand awareness, lead generation and sales.
- Collaborating with a team of vendors (writers, editors, graphic designers, etc.) and internal thought leaders to develop and publish content.
- Create a content marketing calendar to ensure the content pipeline is full, we meet deadlines, content is posted on a regular basis and we achieve our content goals.
- Identify target keywords and optimize content for organic search visibility.
- Work alongside marketing manager to create content for social media channels.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of content marketing efforts, incorporating key findings to continually improve our editorial calendar and channel performance with fresh, engaging tactics.
- Collaborate with product, sales, customer success, executives, and customers as needed to develop content.
- Research topics to tailor all content to Rio SEO’s buyer personas.
- Understanding of Rio SEO as a brand and its products.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, marketing, business or other degree with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated ability (3+ years) creating uniquely crisp, compelling messaging across a range of channels, formats and industries, including white papers, e-books, blog posts, web pages, infographics, presentations, case studies, podcasts, social content, videos, and webinars.
- Fundamental understanding of SEO concepts and how to apply them to content marketing.
- Strong attention to detail and top-notch copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Reputation for producing real, measurable results and consistently exceeding business goals.
- Ability to manage and collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong project/time management and excellent communication (written/verbal) skills.
- Excellent analytical skills to influence future content development decisions.
- Ability to take initiative and work under pressure on tight deadlines across multiple projects.
- Comfortable working in a fun, but challenging and fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt well to change.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Marketo, Salesforce or Photoshop/Illustrator a plus.
- Experience with lead generation (organic and paid) a plus.
- Familiarity with the local marketing/local SEO space a big plus!
About Rio SEO:
Rio SEO is a global leader in connecting consumers and brands at the local level with an easy to manage local search marketing platform and services. We put businesses front and center in the consumers’ micro-moments of real-time need by employing dynamic technology with a human touch. Our cloud-based platform provides enterprise scalable and cost-effective local listing management, local marketing automation and reporting services, powering local search results on any device. Rio SEO helps simplify local search marketing and convert searches into sales. We are ranked among the largest independent providers of SaaS-based, local search automation solutions, and patented SEO reporting tools.
Rio SEO offers an excellent employee experience: people-centered culture, professional growth potential, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401K plan, unlimited PTO, insurance plans with the leading provider, FSA and HSA options, tuition assistance, training opportunities, and a fully-stocked kitchen with free snacks.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Rio SEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org